Ron
Site Admin
First Name: Ron

Re: New Aquala Wetsuit

Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:17 pm

Hi Ty,

I work in business too, so I get that you have a COGS and pricing that you have to meet. Having said that the prices for your dry suits are such that since I already have a Whites fusion I just can’t see spending the money on a second suit.

I’ll probably just hold what I’ve got then.
The impossible missions are the only ones which succeed. -JYC

swimjim
Master Diver
First Name: Jim

Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:09 pm

I like the Aquala product line. If I was to buy one, it would be a drysuit as I dive in water as cold as the mid 30's. I need a front zip though. A back zipper just won't make it for me. I'd rather be able to don the suit without help from others. I'm glad the hood is an option. My first drysuit was a Unisuit with an attached hood. What a pain. I'd much rather use my Otter Bay hood and be able to deal with the neck seal with out the confusion of the attached hood. Just my Dos Centavos...

SurfLung
Master Diver
First Name: Eben

Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:00 am

Aquala1 wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:13 pm
Ron, right now the plan is to only do 3mm and 5mm. If you need more thermal protection than that, have you considered one of our vintage/retro drysuits?
- I'm in total agreement with you on the 3mm and 5mm plan. I dive a BARE 3mm and it keeps me "warm enough" with the least amount of buoyancy change from compression. BARE gets a semi-dry effect with zipperless smooth inside cuffs and ankles. It would be nice to get that in a vintage style front zip 2 piece. I was actually too warm in this suit when we went to Cozumel.
SurfLung
The Freedom and Simplicity of Vintage Equipment and
Vintage Diving Technique are Why I Got Back Into Diving.

Aquala1
Lung Diver
First Name: Ty

Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:20 pm

swimjim wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:09 pm
I like the Aquala product line. If I was to buy one, it would be a drysuit as I dive in water as cold as the mid 30's. I need a front zip though. A back zipper just won't make it for me. I'd rather be able to don the suit without help from others. I'm glad the hood is an option. My first drysuit was a Unisuit with an attached hood. What a pain. I'd much rather use my Otter Bay hood and be able to deal with the neck seal with out the confusion of the attached hood. Just my Dos Centavos...
Jim, we can easily build a suit in a front zip configuration. We can do either horizontal across the chest, or diagonally across the chest. I prefer horizontal as opposed to diagonal, but that’s just personal preference.

I also prefer the neck-seal with a seperate neoprene hood. It’s more versatile unless there are contaminated water issues. That’s why we build them both ways.

Aquala1
Lung Diver

Wed May 01, 2019 4:31 pm

SurfLung wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:00 am
Aquala1 wrote:
Ron, right now the plan is to only do 3mm and 5mm. If you need more thermal protection than that, have you considered one of our vintage/retro drysuits?
- I'm in total agreement with you on the 3mm and 5mm plan. I dive a BARE 3mm and it keeps me "warm enough" with the least amount of buoyancy change from compression. BARE gets a semi-dry effect with zipperless smooth inside cuffs and ankles. It would be nice to get that in a vintage style front zip 2 piece. I was actually too warm in this suit when we went to Cozumel.
Thanks SL. In rediscovering the beavertail suit (started diving one in ‘84 but left it as trends changed) I had forgotten how ideal they are. If one gets too warm on a dive, just unzip the front and cool off. The separate jacket also lets the diver remove it during surface intervals without having a one piece suit flopping around the waist.

If the water is really warm, then the driver can use just the jacket coupled with a pair of swim trunks. For moderately cold water I think a 5 mm jacket mixed with 3mm pants would be perfect.

Bronze06
Master Diver
First Name: Russell

Sun May 05, 2019 5:57 am

Aquala1 wrote:
Ron wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:02 pm
If I can buy one of these skin in with nylon out, 7mm, with some higher density neoprene that doesn't crush and freeze me at 35 feet, then I'm all over this.

I would like a great cold water suit. Right now I only dive vintage in the summer because it's so cold in Puget Sound the other times of the year.
I am so in on this. 3mm with smooth outer. When can I buy?
"Where'd ya get that ol' thang, don't cha' know them thare things ill kill ya!"

Live From the Red Sea,

Russ

Aquala1
Lung Diver

Thu May 09, 2019 10:23 am

Bronze06 wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 5:57 am
Aquala1 wrote:
Ron wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:02 pm
If I can buy one of these skin in with nylon out, 7mm, with some higher density neoprene that doesn't crush and freeze me at 35 feet, then I'm all over this.

I would like a great cold water suit. Right now I only dive vintage in the summer because it's so cold in Puget Sound the other times of the year.

I am so in on this. 3mm with smooth outer. When can I buy?
Russ, shoot me an email at [email protected] and we’ll see if we can get something going for you.

Return to “General Discussions”