Sea Hunt Kankles... Solution Found!
- At the Sea Hunt forever event last year, I was embarrassed about my swollen ankles hanging out from the gap between my wetsuit and slippers. I've been overweight for awhile but the swollen ankles (kankles) is only a recent thing in the last 3 years or so.
- Look it up everywhere, ask your doctor, etc... Everyone says its caused by too much salt in your diet. I cut the salt and it made no difference at all.
- My sister is a former state champion body builder, and works as a fitness trainer. She's in tip top physical shape with hardly any fat on her. But she told me she gets swollen ankles, too. She said its from too much sugar.
- I looked it up and asked about it as much as I could and found ZERO references to sugar and swollen ankles. I went to the doctor and got a complete physical including lab work... Thankfully everything is good but also, there's no diabetes. I asked the doctor directly if too much sugar could cause swollen ankles. He said, "No, it's too much salt in your diet." He's wrong. My sister is right. It's SUGAR. And now I have proof...
- I finally got started on a diet and held too it for the past two weeks. It was originally called the Core Plan diet by Weight Watchers. Cut out sugar, reduce fat and meat portions, and eat all you want of vegetables. I repeat: Cut out sugar... ZERO sugar. (Did you know that the only cereal in the grocery store that has zero sugar is Shredded Wheat?). I've lost 12 lbs and it looks like it all came off of my ankles. My belly is just as big as when I started. But my ANKLES are skinny. And I'm using plenty of salt on my vegetables... No kidding!
- My ankle skin is actually loose and wrinkled from becoming UN-swollen. Thought I'd share this in case it might help others.