Nemrod
VDH Moderator
First Name: James

Card Photos

Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:32 pm

Please, please, please send photographs of decent quality, no underwater. Recognizable photos of yourself in vintage gear are what we want. Geeez, get your wife, brother, dog, mother, to take a photo of you. Make the effort, afterall, we are making the effort to make you the card. We want them to look nice. That means a surface photo, torso up or shoulder up so we can make YOU a nice card you will be proud of.

Thanks.

Nemrod

Nemrod
VDH Moderator

Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:34 pm

Let me be clear--we will not accept unrecognizable or unrecognizable UW photos for your card. We would sincerely appreciate NO UW photos please.

James

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:52 pm

Good Examples!!!!

Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

Vintagediver
Master Diver

Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:24 pm

Heah Nem:
Does this mean that we cannot have any SPARE AIR'S visible in these photo's? :lol: Alright I admit; I knew that would get ya goin'; so I just had to ask! :twisted: Terry
The friendship of many has been inspired and created while together we've explored beneath the waves the wonders of God's creation.

NAVED Member #137
Member of The 2016, 2017 Sea Hunt Forever Dive Team

Nemrod
VDH Moderator

Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:38 pm

Terry, if you send a photo with a Spare Air you will join infamy as the second person to be black balled from NAVED. VINTAGE equipment as much as possible please. Sorry if I sound grouchy but this is for you guys, let's keep them nice and pro looking.

:shock:

Nemrod :wink:

Bryan
Plank Owner

Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:00 pm

Lot of you folks don’t remember all the BS E-mails we got for membership cards when NAVED 1st got rolling….All the way from ones for their grandkids to one for the family pet…
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

Bryan
Plank Owner

Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:20 pm

ANOTHER GREAT PHOTO EXAMPLE from our newest NAVED diver Aaron Kozloski

NAFOD
Lung Diver

Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:10 pm

Photo credit goes to my divebabe wife, Susan. All I did was stand where she told me . . .
That's a very nice dress you're wearing, Mrs. Cleaver . . .

Nemrod
VDH Moderator

Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:34 pm

Now, that is what we are talking about, good photo and the ones above as well.

I realize the photo standards were not clear and a few have slipped through but this is the kinda of photos we want. It does not have to a great photo, just recognizeable. Afterall, if babies cry at your sight, your mother refuses to acknowlege you in public, dogs bite you and lenses crack, well :shock: , just do your best.

Thanks,
Nemrod

BSea

Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:33 pm

I wish I'd thought to do mine in B&W. Gives it that real "Sea Hunt" look.

NAFOD
Lung Diver

Fri May 02, 2008 9:15 pm

Amigo!

What you do is shoot it with digital camera. Import into Photoshop. Convert from color to grayscale. Play with contrast, brightness and levels. Then convert back to RGB color. Adjust color balance to add some yellow, as B&W pics yellow as they age, and maybe a touch of red to soften, and BINGO! You have a pic that looks like it was shot the year you were born!

But again, credit must go to my wife/dive bud Susan. The pic appears EXACTLY as composed, no cropping.

Aa
That's a very nice dress you're wearing, Mrs. Cleaver . . .

Return to “NAVED - National Association of Vintage Equipment Divers”