Danny D
Lung Diver

Whats new with NAVED

Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:20 pm

Anything new going on with NAVED, new recruits etc ? Thought I would stir up some conversation.

Dan

1969ivan1
Plank Owner
First Name: rob

Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:49 pm

Well, Nemrod is the mastermind and leader. Let's see what he has to say? I do know that we have been getting a lot of new members lately.

capn_tucker
Master Diver

Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:26 pm

1969ivan1 wrote:Well, Nemrod is the mastermind and leader. Let's see what he has to say? I do nkow that we have been getting a lot of new members lately.
Including me. I just got my NAVED card a few days ago; Member #154! :D :D
Quick Robin, to the Voitmobile!

swimjim
Master Diver
First Name: Jim

Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:33 pm

I gave up on the Dive club I belonged to as since I left the presidents chair they don't seem to have anything to do with diving. I have formed a new club out of other members who actually want to dive and discuss dive related issues. They were looking for a different avenue anyway, so I created one. I will be giving them a presentation on vintage diving at next months meeting. NAVED will be part of that. Of our six member group, one already dives a DA I aquired, rebuilt and sold to him. He started out by diving different reg's out of my meager collection. Another has tried one in a pool and is seriously interested. One more tried one and decided it wasen't for him. Can't win them all, but I'm pretty close.
I promote vintage diving just about everywhere I go. I use mostly my Phoenix now in lake Michigan as well as a DA and a Mistral. Everytime someone new see's me using them there always lot's of questions. Great fun.

Jim

capn_tucker
Master Diver

Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:43 pm

swimjim wrote:I gave up on the Dive club I belonged to as since I left the presidents chair they don't seem to have anything to do with diving. I have formed a new club out of other members who actually want to dive and discuss dive related issues. They were looking for a different avenue anyway, so I created one. I will be giving them a presentation on vintage diving at next months meeting. NAVED will be part of that. Of our six member group, one already dives a DA I aquired, rebuilt and sold to him. He started out by diving different reg's out of my meager collection. Another has tried one in a pool and is seriously interested. One more tried one and decided it wasen't for him. Can't win them all, but I'm pretty close.
I promote vintage diving just about everywhere I go. I use mostly my Phoenix now in lake Michigan as well as a DA and a Mistral. Everytime someone new see's me using them there always lot's of questions. Great fun.

Jim
Yes, letting them try a doublehose often works. Kind of like the dope dealer giving free samples to the schoolchildren to get them hooked.. :twisted:

JES
Plank Owner
First Name: Joseph

Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:32 pm

Just to refresh everyone's memory, the following personnel are your NAVED Officers:

NAVED President - James "Nemrod" Williams
NAVED Vice President - Joe "JES" Strickland
NAVED Treasurer - Rob "1969ivan1" Studnika

Of possible interest, I believe that Nemrod may still have some of the awesome NAVED pamphlets available for distribution. He can verify this when he addresses Danny D's question.
NAVED Master Diver #108
'Anima Sana In Corpore Sano’

Danny D
Lung Diver

Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:01 am

Along the same lines...Whom would be approving my joining and password for the NAVED private forum off of this website. It has been since the summer time that I have joined and have still not received a confirmation on my password etc.

Dan

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:44 am

No one has ever used the private forum and it's really just there for future expansion if needed.....As with everything on this site no matter what section you are in there is a link in the header panel that says Contact the Webmaster. He can answer,fix or direct you to anything involving passwords, or website issues........As of right now NAVED is just using this form for posting. Thanks
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

Danny D
Lung Diver

Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:07 pm

I will tell you one thing that I really appreciate about NAVED that has made my vintage diving a lot easier. The pamphlets that were made. People that I bump into while diving can not get over how informative and professional looking the pamphlets are and they allow me to get into the water faster. It is really a great aid when you are at a busy dive site and groups of 5 or more at a time are questioning why we are impersonating Jacques Cousteau. Don't get me wrong I do love the long conversations about what we do. However, those times when you are running to get a quick one in after work etc they save valuable time.

Dan

Nemrod
VDH Moderator
First Name: James

Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:05 pm

Well, it has been quiet. I am exceedingly busy and stressing out over a new position at work, should have just stayed where I was.

We are steady getting new members, there have been some issues with the cards due to various things.

I still have brochures.

All is well best I know and as usual I mention, one day we are going to have to make some decisions but things are fine right now. We are as we started, an internet club for the fun of it with a neat card to boot :D .

Please let me know any ideas, oh, and remember, we have no funds so don't get any big ideas unless some of you are rich and wish to donate to NAVED a fortune. I figure a million bucks and we could put the b-slap on PadI. :shock: but for cheap on a 100,000 I could give them a serious case of heart burn. :shock: .

N

swimjim
Master Diver
First Name: Jim

Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:29 pm

Nemrod wrote:... Please let me know any ideas, oh, and remember, we have no funds so don't get any big ideas unless some of you are rich and wish to donate to NAVED a fortune. I figure a million bucks and we could put the b-slap on PadI. :shock: but for cheap on a 100,000 I could give them a serious case of heart burn. :shock: .

N
Well, now I know what to do with my Powerball winnings besides investing in Voit regulators. That is of course if I should ever win it.
So, how much would it take to slap Net dick around??? :lol: :lol:

Jim

simonbeans
VDH Moderator
First Name: Allan

Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:10 pm

Someone near and dear cautioned me about this, but what the heck. I think that NAVED should keep itself more in the main stream by doing more to promote itself. For example, at each of the vintage events, we could advertise that NAVED will be represented and possibly work out some way that interested certified divers could try a double hose. We could also resurrect the NAVED member of the month. We might do some thing as dumb as show the NAVED logo at various functions, i.e., DEMA etc. Or to drum up interest, have a drawing of a vintage item for registered members. I would like a NAVED T-shirt or something that could be worn to advertise. Some of the venders are giving NAVED discounts, that is great. These are just some of the ideas that come to mind. I am sure there are smarter people in the vintage arenda that have better ideas. Let's do some organizing and promotion.
Allan

JES
Plank Owner
First Name: Joseph

Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:14 am

Allan,

Those are all wonderful ideas and we really appreciate your input.

Like James mentioned in his post, money really is an issue (i.e. we have none). I know that James and I personally contributed significantly along with Bryan to pay for the printing/mailing of the NAVED brochures.

Maybe it's time to reconsider implementing membership dues in order to help keep NAVED in the mainstream through various forms of advertising. It would also allow us to conduct other promotional related events as well.

Any thoughts/feelings on this subject??
NAVED Master Diver #108
'Anima Sana In Corpore Sano’

capn_tucker
Master Diver

Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:22 am

I have no problem with dues. If it helps to make more divers aware of NAVED that would be just fine...

simonbeans
VDH Moderator
First Name: Allan

Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:22 am

Most of my ideas (if that is what to call them) don't involve much money. if any. If someone goes to DEMA, for example, take along a few brochures, wear a T-shirt that I am sure Robo could get made for us at an individually good price. Ask the next person on the "roster" to submit a diving biography. I will be glad to donate a harness for a drawing and I am sure others will be willing to donate something vintage also. It is just that NAVED needs to promote itself and keep its name in view. How about a contest, like the one we had for the membership card photo (which I lost, sorry Fred), for a T-shirt design? I am sure there are many things we can do to just get the NAVED name into the lexicon again.
More ideas?
Allan

Return to “NAVED - National Association of Vintage Equipment Divers”