Nemrod
VDH Moderator
First Name: James

Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:13 am

Well, then I am safe for a while longer :D .

I have been notified several days ago that the sample brochures have been shipped. If they look good then the "big" order will follow and then distribution to members and all that.

Nemrod

Nemrod
VDH Moderator

Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:10 am

here is a pic of the sample brochures.

OK, I am waiting for a corection of one minor error and then we go to press.

Now here is the deal, I hope that these brochures are not going to be the cause of arguments or become fractious. This brochure gives credit to Lisa for her tremendous work and it also gives credit to vdh in ONE place because vdh is partially underwriting the venture. I did in FACT make a good faith offer to the other forum/vintage store and it was declined for a token donation of support. I felt that we wanted equality and fairness but in that light it was not fair for one BUISNESS to pay and the other not for the same mention. After much heartburn and fretting I asked that the vdh logo only be placed on the brochure because it was PAID for and the other was removed because it was not. I fully intend to continue to offer a place to the other buisness and consider him a friend and I hope that this does not cause a fuss because it is not intended to. I encourage all of us to continue support BOTH buisnesses that have given us so much for really so little, support both forums and all remain as friends.

If this is not acceptable then I guess I can be recalled.

James

standingup

Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:40 pm

How much and to whom do we send the payment to for some brochures to post in local dive shops?

Nemrod
VDH Moderator

Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:01 pm

OK, let me explain it as best I can.

The borcures are FREE :shock: . We going to send some out to each NAVED member plus a NAVED sticker for FREE. The remainder will be kept so they can be handed out at any event we have. Next year, there will be Version 2.0 and who knows I suppose.

VDH has fronted approx 50% of the money or up to-------well--it is quie a bit. The brochures are going to run about 400 plus dollars in the qunatity we need. I am putting up the remainder of the money.

Now--DONATIONS---YES--please. Here is how the donations will work unles VP Joe and ST Rob think different. Send me a PayPal and PM me to get my e-mail. My e-mail address is my Pay Pal address. The amount donated from other than myself and vdh will be used to reduce both of our commitmants. I will also accept paper checks.

DO NOT send the money to vdh or Bryan, I am the one you send the money too, Sending it to other than me confuses the issue, money winds up all over the place and I cannot account for it and importantly vdh has other buisness to attend to. Send it to me. PM me for details.

BTW, your not being arm twisted, if you can donate, fine, if not maybe next time, no pressure, I don't sell cars or appliances or MAC computers.

James

Justleesa

Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:06 pm

Thanks for posting James....Looks like they came out nice, they really do a good job - uploading the corrected file now ;) you can download it from the usual spot in about 10 or so minutes.

JES
Plank Owner
First Name: Joseph

Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:45 pm

Nemrod wrote:.... Now--DONATIONS---YES--please. Here is how the donations will work unles VP Joe and ST Rob think different. Send me a PayPal and PM me to get my e-mail. My e-mail address is my Pay Pal address. The amount donated from other than myself and vdh will be used to reduce both of our commitmants. I will also accept paper checks.

.... BTW, your not being arm twisted, if you can donate, fine, if not maybe next time, no pressure, I don't sell cars or appliances or MAC computers.

James

Great idea my friend! I just sent my donation to you via PayPal to help with this awesome project. 8)
NAVED Master Diver #108
'Anima Sana In Corpore Sano’

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:03 pm

Brilliant work James.....Let me know how much coin VDH is into you for. Thank you for doing this for us.
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

Justleesa

Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:06 am

James, did you find the file?

Nemrod
VDH Moderator

Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:54 am

Lisa, you mean the one you attached to the e-mail--right??

If so then I have it saved on my flash drive.
Was there another?

James

Justleesa

Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:57 am

oh, I got a message that it didn't go thru so I uploaded it to the website. Good to hear that you received the email ;)

Nemrod
VDH Moderator

Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:33 am

Lisa, I am pretty sure I have the one with the error corrected. Where is that web link again so I can compare the two to just double check

I am sorry my e-mail is weird, I should just do hotmail like my wife. Ever since leaving AOL my mail has had issues. My provider swears they are not filtering but I think they do and they sometimes filter or block mail they should not.

My email should be working now.

James

duckbill

Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:52 am

I could have given out a couple pamphlets this last weekend.
An ex original vintage equipment diver was wondering where I got the yellow hoses (I guess they're a good thing :wink: ), and was very interested in sharing his diving stories from decades past. He is still an avid diver, but sounds like he wants to drag his old gear out for diving again. I'll be in touch with him soon to introduce him to possibilities that await him in the New Wide World of Vintage Equipment Diving!
Too fun (If you just play deaf to the "Why don't you upgrade?"s, or the "That stuff is obsolete junk"s.)

Justleesa

Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:30 am

not much longer :)

Nemrod
VDH Moderator

Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:13 pm

I am ordering 2,000 brochures this evening, Sunday night. I have most of the money and the order will be placed. I am sorry it took longer than anticipated and even these I am sure we will eventually wish to make changes.That is just the way things are. I have had several things slowing me down on a personal basis.

The brochures will take approximately two weeks to arrive and then I will begin sending them out. That will be about 20 each give or take. We can order additional amounts.

James

Justleesa

Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:17 pm

wait a day or two, I'm sure I'll get another sale thingie...it'll make a big difference...

Return to “NAVED - National Association of Vintage Equipment Divers”