pearldiver
Vintage Diver

Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:41 am

Hey, just a thought. You may want to take a look at this self publishing site. You can make a brochure for downloading or purchase, or even publish a book and calenders. www.lulu.com
gayle

Nemrod
VDH Moderator
First Name: James

Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:50 am

Just an update, I believe I have the brochure file on my flashdrive. I was having problems with my email and in fac I still am. My email is not functioning at all.

Lisa, I think I retrieved the brochure files.

To everyone, I believe everything is on track if a few days/weeks behind schedule. It is like this, a personal circumstance occured over the Christmas Holiday that has resulted in :cry: --well--nevermind but as a result, I am running behind.

The brochures are on track, if a little late, plus, I am busting into my piggy banks--lol to round up the funds.

James

kgehring
Master Diver

Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:51 am

Are you taking donations?
http://www.scubamuseum.com
Over 400 vintage regulators in my collection

JES
Plank Owner
First Name: Joseph

Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:23 pm

kgehring wrote:Are you taking donations?
Ditto! 8)
NAVED Master Diver #108
'Anima Sana In Corpore Sano’

Nemrod
VDH Moderator

Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:01 pm

Yes, we can take donations for the project. In the event something happens and this does not work--and it will--one way or another---all money donated will be returned.

James

shackle
Diver

Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:18 pm

James, I could Paypal you a few bucks or mail a check. Sounds like other folks are willing too.

Nemrod
VDH Moderator

Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:07 pm

Several people including Lisa turned me on to some online priniting stores. They have the best prices but obviously the greatest risk in getting something we don't like.

Sooooo, I was planning on getting about 500 copies to start but now I am thinking 250 to start. There is a price break between 250 and 500 but it is not very much. There is a larger break between 500 and 1000 or more.

It is not that I am being cheap but I hate to get 500 or a 1000 and not like them. If I get the 250 to begin with and they look really good then we can certainly order the larger quantity.

Does the sound acceptable? Or?---??

James

Nemrod
VDH Moderator

Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:20 pm

I was thinking some more, the price for numbers over 1,000 is really cheap per unit. The cost for 1,500 is 390 dollars. I will cover half that or purchase the 250 entirely on my own.

Again, it is just I hate to go whole hog and not like them. I know we are wanting a BUNCH of them so still maybe I should just get the 250 and send them out and if they are well recieved get a BUNCH more with help from whoever will help?

Let me know your thoughts so I can get going on this.

James

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:28 pm

VDH will cover the balance .......Do what you think is best James!
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

duckbill

Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:21 am

I take it a print shop won't print samples first?

Justleesa

Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:18 am

every now and then they offer for 25 free ones, you just have to pay for the upload and shipping.....would that work for you? I get sales offers every few days, which often includes free brochures.

Nemrod
VDH Moderator

Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:25 pm

A local shop might print a free sample butI don't know about on-line print stores. Twenty five will be enough to see if the printing is of suitable quality etc.

James

Nemrod
VDH Moderator

Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:37 am

Update:

OK, I have ordered 25 copies and they are on their way. I did this so I could see them up close and make sure the print is good and clear etc before ordering a huge batch like 1,000 or more.

I still have one spelling error, I am sorry, Lisa is going to kill me I fear :shock: :cry: . She just corrected three errors and now I have another,Costeau instead of Cousteau. AAAAAArrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Anyways, I am sorry I cannot proof any better, but, I cannot see up close--it is all a blur--that is my excuse.

So, if Lisa will correct one more error after I get my wife to proof it because I think she can spell (the spelling error is not mine BTW or Lisa's) and then we will be in like Flint.

James

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:57 am

Sounds great! Looking forward to seeing them. It's always the details that slow things down....
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

Justleesa

Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:17 pm

Nemrod wrote: I still have one spelling error, I am sorry, Lisa is going to kill me I fear :shock: :cry: .

:wink: would take a bit more for me to want to kill you :D

She just corrected three errors and now I have another,Costeau instead of Cousteau.
...what a difference one little letter makes... :roll: ...lol ;)

Return to “NAVED - National Association of Vintage Equipment Divers”