Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Next Featured Diver

Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:40 pm

Let's do some nominations for our next "Featured NAVED Diver" Fred is another great example of the members we have.....Who would YOU like to see profiled for December ? Who's story would you like to hear??
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

JES
Plank Owner
First Name: Joseph

Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:39 pm

I'll cast my vote for "Captain" Tom Madere! 8)
NAVED Master Diver #108
'Anima Sana In Corpore Sano’

captain
Plank Owner

Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:57 pm

The ruler of the depths himself, and home boy, Nemrod
Captain

Bryan
Plank Owner

Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:35 am

I say Nemrod in December and Tom in January.....A winning combo all the way around!
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

Nemrod
VDH Moderator
First Name: James

Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:19 am

Well, I think I had Allan (Simmonbeans) lined up next. I was not running a new diver every month because: 1) numerous people when asked said no 2) that leaves me with only a few people which will be quickly exhausted 3) which then results in no more NEW Featured Divers.

In other words, if the rate of turn over of featured divers exceeds the rate of new recruits then I am without a pool to draw from.

If Allan will accept as next up that is great otherwise I guess me or Captain draw lots-- :shock: .

Are y'all sure we want a new diver every month rather than every other etc. I am sorry things are slow but I have asked many people and never get a reply or a NO for an answer. I guess they are shy. I was kind of spinning the bottle but like I said, most people have been less than responsive. I understand people are busy I suppose.

I post so much and so often I am not sure people want to hear me go on about--uh--me :shock: --but if you insist :lol: .

James (aka Nemrod, aka Ruler of the Depths, aka, the Nemisis of scubaboard.com and one of the few people to have been banned from the State of Florida)

Nemrod
VDH Moderator

Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:50 am

This is probably not the thread for this but, I have a few new ideas, small ones but nonetheles new ideas for NAVED for 2007. Here is some of the thoughts for the upcoming year.

To begin with I would like to leave Fred as Featured Diver through December and start fresh with either Allan, Captain or myself for a two month stint.

I need more news for the NAVED NEWS page. This page is for YOU. Whenever you make a vintage dive, introduce a buddy to vintage or any news you think worthy---PLEASE LET ME KNOW----PLEASE. Give me a paragraph or a picture of your recent dive or adventure etc. Does not have to be anything special--just relevent.

There will be more news on the NAVED NEWS page about upcoming events--the ones we already attend-SD, Portage, Wazee, SeaHunt (?).

Membership drive---we want more "for real" vintage divers for NAVED.

We need to show the flag more, wherever you go as a NAVED diver then NAVED goes. You are the organization, one or a dozen, it is still a vintage dive, talk it up, spread the word, show the flag.

I also propose that at SD we have some sort of election. If you wish to replace me that is fine :shock: . We also need a leadership group, board, directors or whatever they should be called.

We need to get this film about vintage diving cooking even if it is not a strictly NAVED underaking we need to be a part of it. I know this is a huge undertaking. We have several members and potential members who have knowledge in this area. This could take months or more to produce a quality video. This is not an area that I am knowledgeable in.

James
Where you go, NAVED goes

Bryan
Plank Owner

Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:38 am

I say Allan is a good idea! He should have some interesting tales to tell!

We may be too small yet to have a group of directors or advisors......I must remain out of the picture on this one but IMO Joe Strickland is an excellent communicator and is really good with putting ideas on paper. Rattle his cage and get him on board helping you out James.

I really like the idea of video training and all the other possibilites that it could lead to for us. I will support it 110%.....I will NOT appear on camera unless we need an example of what a fat kid looks like diving a double hose regulator :lol: :lol:

BTW, I fully support your efforts to piss off the pointy heads over at Stupid Board and the Manatee Nazis!!! Ramble On

treasureman
Master Diver

Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:30 am

footage from wazee, sandog and the dives doen on the keystone would be good places to go. Dont forget there may be grants available to get this all done trhough the federales as it will be an educational video. Perhaps those with USN connections could get help from them as well, as they seem to take an interest in this sort of thing as long as credit is given at the end.... roll credits please.
NAVED # 133...

Bon Vivant, and treasure finder

JES
Plank Owner
First Name: Joseph

Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:52 pm

James,

You have some really good ideas and it would be my pleasure to assist you in anyway that you see fit with NAVED. 8)

Regards,

Joe
NAVED Master Diver #108
'Anima Sana In Corpore Sano’

Nemrod
VDH Moderator

Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:34 am

Jes, then by executive proclamation, I hereby appoint you a NAVED officer until such time as elections are held ( which as Bryan rightly so states, we need to grow a bit more before all that comes to pass). If there be no objections to this appointment then it is so.

I don't want to short change Fred as Featured Diver, he has only been up a few weeks. If no one objects let's keep him up through December and then Allan in January, then Captain and then myself or such as that.

Let's also come to a concensus on how long the Featured Diver should run and I really--really--need news, events, stories for the News section and some pictures.

Jes, the web page is job number one, we need to make it something that grabs attention from internet dive site surfers and also offers interesting information to NAVED members. Think on it please.

Thanks
James
NAVED 111

Nemrod
VDH Moderator

Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:19 pm

Oh Allan, it is your turn up to bat for "Featured Diver" !!!!!!!!!!! I want you to run for January and Febuary,perhaps some pictures of you introducing your new diver friend to vintage diving and your other exploits wreck diving or just whatever--plus a short few paragraphs about yourself--thanks-- :D .

James

Return to “NAVED - National Association of Vintage Equipment Divers”