JohnnyC
First Name: Dalen

What do I have, and who wants what?

Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:04 pm

So, an "acquaintance,:" let's call him, owed me $25 bucks for a welding job I did. He paid in a couple of old scuba regs. I don't know exactly what I've got, and what it's worth. I WILL be using one of the second stages for the octo on my Kraken, replacing a random Hog second I had floating around. The first stages and the other second will be for sale. I'm gonna save the Micro just because it's cool, even though I doubt I will ever use it for anything.

Anyway, as much as I know is that one first stage is marked Aqua Lung on the yoke handle, the other is market US Divers on the yoke handle. The second stages are marked Aqua Lung on the purge button, discolored mouthpiece, and Aqua Lung on the purge with Conshelf V! on the faceplate, with the gag strap looking thing. If it helps, the exhaust T is screwed into the reg. The Micra is just marked US Divers Micra, and it's gaudy af.

What do I have (beyond the obvious), which should I keep, and anyone want to make an offer on the rest of it? I will literally never use any of it except the one second stage just so I've got something "matching" on my Kraken

https://imgur.com/a/6d21uGR < link to picture since it's not working inline for some reason.
Get the RV Calypso made in LEGO's!!!!
https://ideas.lego.com/projects/64937f3 ... 13c41f1711

rhwestfall
Master Diver
First Name: Robert

Re: What do I have, and who wants what?

Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:05 pm

first stage in the middle is a bulletproof workhorse....
Bob

No Longer Awaiting my Kraken.....

antique diver
Master Diver
First Name: Bill

Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:22 pm

rhwestfall wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:05 pm
first stage in the middle is a bulletproof workhorse....
Bob, I agree with your assessment, and think that is the best second stage of the bunch.

But, just my 2 psi worth, I would personally prefer the older second stage on the far right for my extra air source. Yes, I know it has a much smaller exhaust valve and exhaust ports that cause a noticeably greater exhalation effort. However, as i recall, the rest of the second stage design is pretty much identical to the later design, and provides easy inhalation. The ONLY reason I would choose it over the later (prob about 1970+ ) model is for the significantly smaller profile of the exhaust tee. I like keeping my "octopus" small, streamlined, tucked very close, and less likely to snag on something. Of course that little plastic number fits that bill nicely, but maybe not as durable as the all brass models.

Just my personal opinion for that specific use. If i was choosing the second stage for my primary reg I would go with the 1970+ model!
The older I get the better I was.

rhwestfall
Master Diver
First Name: Robert

Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:54 pm

Ummmm - I was talking about (as I said, and not a mistake) the first stage.....

Not much comment on the seconds, but I'd dive any of them in my roofing around.....
Bob

No Longer Awaiting my Kraken.....

georgeaustin
Master Diver
First Name: george

Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:49 pm

I always had a fondness for my Micra 2nd stage - til the day it got pushed under a hand trolley which broke the case. Easy breather and dependable. Light. I think I had the Micra 1st stage too.

antique diver
Master Diver

Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:53 pm

rhwestfall wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:54 pm
Ummmm - I was talking about (as I said, and not a mistake) the first stage.....

Not much comment on the seconds, but I'd dive any of them in my roofing around.....
Well, it looks like I need to slow down and improve my reading comprehension :? Anyway, I got to rattle on about something related, and at least I was having fun.

About first stages... what can I say other than believe Bob :D

Herman
VDH Moderator

Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:49 am

The right hand first stage is likely a first generation Conshelf and goes with the right hand second stage. Since it has a single LP port it does not have much value but still a solid reg if you want to dive it old school. I say likely since there is a matching second stage, it could also be a Hydro Lung but no way to tell without looking inside (DAAM guts as opposed to RAM guts).
Herman

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:01 am

georgeaustin wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:49 pm
I always had a fondness for my Micra 2nd stage - til the day it got pushed under a hand trolley which broke the case. Easy breather and dependable. Light. I think I had the Micra 1st stage too.
I got a Micra for my wife when they first came out for all the same reasons. I used it a few times and really liked it. I must still have it around somewhere. Be fun to fix up and dive again. Mark
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

antique diver
Master Diver

Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:58 pm

George seems to be hard on regulators.

georgeaustin
Master Diver

Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:30 pm

antique diver wrote:George seems to be hard on regulators.
LOL - who me? Say, I always just tell myself after I break one - “ I got a lot more where that one came from “

JohnnyC
First Name: Dalen

Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:06 pm

Ok, so next question, I'm planning on keeping the Conshelf XIV. Which service kit on the VDH webstore do I need? There are several kits available. Interestingly enough, the VI and the Micra are ok, the XIV is the only one that freeflows when connected to my Kraken.
Get the RV Calypso made in LEGO's!!!!
https://ideas.lego.com/projects/64937f3 ... 13c41f1711

georgeaustin
Master Diver

Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:54 am

PM me with your PayPal addy for the Micra 2nd stage (shipping zip code is 90068)

Return to “Single Hose Regulators.”