ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Tool no fit

Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:51 am

My 2nd stage adjustment tool fit the seat holder just fine when I rebuilt a Calypso IV; however, it does not fit the seat holder when rebuilding a Conshelf XII. I thought all 1085 metal second stages were the same? No? Is there another 4-slot tool with larger slots or is my only solution to file/grind so the slots are larger, or just replace the seat holder with one that fits? Thanks. Mark.

"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

Herman
VDH Moderator

Re: Tool no fit

Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:42 am

I would take a small file and gently open up the slots in the tool. Take a light pass off each side of both slots, rinse and repeat as needed. It's brass so it won't take much. A grinder or dremel is way overkill and will likely do more damage than good. Also, check the diameter of the tool to make sure the opening is large enough.
Herman

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Re: Tool no fit

Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:26 am

Thanks Herman!
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

Return to “Single Hose Regulators.”