ubxdiver
Diver
First Name: John

Conshelf with 'Frosted' finish?

Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:07 pm

Has anybody come across any Conshelf first stages with Frosted finish? I've got one that I've never seen the likes of before. The frost is consistent all over the reg., not looking like an amateur did it. No second stage attached. Any input, even humor, would be appreciated.
:?

Ron
Site Admin
First Name: Ron

Re: Conshelf with 'Frosted' finish?

Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:14 pm

The frosted ones usually came on later model Conshelfs like the 20, 21, 22, etc. I have a 20 that is frosted. I think USD called it "satin."
The impossible missions are the only ones which succeed. -JYC

antique diver
Master Diver
First Name: Bill

Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:48 pm

ubxdiver wrote:
Has anybody come across any Conshelf first stages with Frosted finish? I've got one that I've never seen the likes of before. The frost is consistent all over the reg., not looking like an amateur did it. No second stage attached. Any input, even humor, would be appreciated.
I hear that "Frosted" ones are commonly seen in Wisconsin and Minnesota. Any comment, Swimjim?
The older I get the better I was.

ovalis
Master Diver

Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:09 pm

The satin finish only came on the Conshelf 20 & Royal. The hose ends, HP & LP adapters & 2nd stage fittings were satin as well. The Conshel 21, Royal SL, & later models went back to the polished versions

couv
Master Diver

Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:33 pm

antique diver wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:48 pm
ubxdiver wrote:
I hear that "Frosted" ones are commonly seen in Wisconsin and Minnesota. Any comment, Swimjim?
nyuk, nyuk, nyuk..... :lol:
A sincere THANK YOU to all at VDH who make this wonderful resource available and to all the thoughtful contributors.

Return to “Single Hose Regulators.”