ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Re: Aqualung Conshelf XII

Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:06 pm

antique diver wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:41 am
Please tell me that is Anne on the right.
I've been through a lot of dive buddies over the years. Maybe I should get an octopus reg...
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

pclarke1
Lung Diver
First Name: Paul

Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:05 am

What wreck was that on? Mine was taken on the Yamagiri Maru.

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:38 am

pclarke1 wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:05 am
What wreck was that on? Mine was taken on the Yamagiri Maru.
I want to say deep in a hold on the Nippo Maru but my memory from 1979 may not be so accurate. I did log every dive on that trip so if I can find my log I may have written it down. I do recall it was fairly deep, like around 160 feet or so. We did a lot of stage decompression on that trip. Spent 2 days on the San Francisco Maru alone. Clark Graham owner of Micronesia aquatics (located on the grounds of the Truk Continental Hotel) thought we were nuts but he readily and happily accommodated us. Had some hour+ decos. Too much fun! Mark
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

pclarke1
Lung Diver
First Name: Paul

Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:53 pm

Both the Nippo and San Francisco were incredible dives. I am envious that you dove then in 79 as I am sure they are now only a pale memory of what they once were. While they are "protected" it is clear that they have been heavily salvaged of most of their small artifacts. At least most of the big pieces are still there.

Return to “Single Hose Regulators.”