klauricella
Diver
First Name: Kevin

TABATA VENTURA TR-30

Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:09 pm

I have a couple Tabata TR-30 first stages that need to be rebuilt. Does anyone have any idea if they match up to a Scubapro reg or if there are rebuild kits that will work.

Thanks
Kevin

tbone1004
Master Diver
First Name: Tom

Re: TABATA VENTURA TR-30

Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:18 pm

ask a TUSA dealer if they have can get them?

couv
Master Diver

Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:10 pm

You could probably get most of the service parts from a MK5 or MK10 service kit. If the hp seat is not compatible, one could most likely be found in the Trident catalog. This website has a phone number for Tabata USA at the bottom:
http://www.tmx4me.com/sales/sal-ac01.htm
A sincere THANK YOU to all at VDH who make this wonderful resource available and to all the thoughtful contributors.

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:16 pm

In my limited experience with Tabata first stages you would be surprised how closely they resemble a MK5...Tekna are the same way.
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

klauricella
Diver

Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:00 am

couv wrote:You could probably get most of the service parts from a MK5 or MK10 service kit. If the hp seat is not compatible, one could most likely be found in the Trident catalog. This website has a phone number for Tabata USA at the bottom:

Thanks I was thinking they where close but couldn't find any info on this particular regulator. I have a Mk5 rebuild kit and just ordered a couple Mk10 kits so will pull apart and see what it looks like.

Kevin

couv
Master Diver

Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:22 am

klauricella wrote:
couv wrote:You could probably get most of the service parts from a MK5 or MK10 service kit. If the hp seat is not compatible, one could most likely be found in the Trident catalog. This website has a phone number for Tabata USA at the bottom:

Thanks I was thinking they where close but couldn't find any info on this particular regulator. I have a Mk5 rebuild kit and just ordered a couple Mk10 kits so will pull apart and see what it looks like.

Kevin
Good luck, and keep us posted (with pictures if possible.) I'm looking forward to your update.

Couv
A sincere THANK YOU to all at VDH who make this wonderful resource available and to all the thoughtful contributors.

klauricella
Diver

Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:41 pm

Here is a few pictures of regulator. Does not look like a Mk5 or Mk10 must of been copied from something else
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

klauricella
Diver

Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:43 pm

Here is the piston next to a Mk10 and a Mk5 it is the one on the right.

Thanks
Kevin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

luis
VDH Moderator
First Name: Luis

Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:16 pm

The piston looks more like the old US Divers Calypso IV from the 70's.
Luis

Buceador con escafandra autónoma clásica.

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:50 pm

luis wrote:The piston looks more like the old US Divers Calypso IV from the 70's.
What Luis said...
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

klauricella
Diver

Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:33 am

I have a US Divers Calypso J and a Calypso Supreme would these be the same as the Calypso IV. Hate to take apart if they are completly different.

Thanks
Kevin

luis
VDH Moderator
First Name: Luis

Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:24 pm

I was just saying that the piston has a similar appearance. There is no way of telling if any of the parts are interchangeable without measuring both.

The rest of the regulator is different, therefore I have no reason to assume that the pistons are the same, they just look similar.
Luis

Buceador con escafandra autónoma clásica.

couv
Master Diver

Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:32 pm

klauricella wrote:I have a US Divers Calypso J and a Calypso Supreme would these be the same as the Calypso IV. Hate to take apart if they are completly different.

Thanks
Kevin
There's no reason to take apart your other regs-unless you just want to. Clean, lube, replace the seals and seat on your Tabata and put an IP gauge on it to make sure the pressure is correct and stable. Post a picture of the hp soft seat with dimensions if possible.

klauricella
Diver

Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:40 am

OK here are the dimensions of the HP seat. Looks like I can just flip it over and reuse.

Thanks
Kevin

couv
Master Diver

Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:23 pm

Yes, if you are having problems with the IP not locking up, try flipping the seat. If that doesn't work do not despair, the seats that come in Bryan's MK5 or MK10 kits should fit as the dimensions look very close if not exact.

Return to “Single Hose Regulators.”