georgeaustin
Master Diver
First Name: george

Re: Argonaut Single Hose....First Look

Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:04 am

I'm going to Vegas this weekend on a little job at a power plant with a 37 year old service engineer. He's in a big hurry to show off his talent so we'll consider adding him to our group full time. He may be in luck due to the fact that our other "kid" - the 53 year old hand is going down for knee replacement and will be on the shelf for a year or more pretty much.

Good oppo for me to sit back and let the kid plan and execute his brilliance. Maybe I can get a muck dive in at Lake Mead if things don't go snakesh**
:D (Ron) - October and November are usually the best diving in Southern California from the beach and boat - consider a trip down! I'm making DH / lightly equipped divers down here and would love to show you some reefs and wrecks

tbone1004
Master Diver
First Name: Tom

Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:55 am

plan on taking the single hose with cold water kit and my Kraken to normoxic depths this weekend of 170-200 ish in water that will be about 45F. See how they do with some helium in the cold stuff.
Will report back, but they've been behaving quite well

scubapeter
Lung Diver
First Name: peter

Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:52 am

I'm very curious about this project, is it still ongoing?

DerekRalston
Skin Diver
First Name: Derek

Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:16 am

How is it that I missed this thread for so long??? WOW!!

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:46 pm

It's a very soooooo process that's still going on. R&D costs a fortune so we have to do it a little at a time.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

tbone1004
Master Diver
First Name: Tom

Sat May 12, 2018 12:37 pm

my prototype set got dove for probably 20 hours over the last 2 weeks with one of my AI's. They are used to Apeks XTX50's and were quite happy with these. I had to be in doubles or a rebreather for most all of it and my set came as yoke and my doubles are 300bar so the AI's got to take them for a spin. Have probably 100 hours on that set since they showed up. Unsurprising frankly, but no issues with them and they breathe well. They'll be going with my sister for a week in the Caribbean later this month so will see how they do there.

Return to “Single Hose Regulators.”