EHowe
Master Diver
First Name: Edward

Newer Calypso

Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:48 am

Picked up a newer USD Calypso as part of a package deal. I would like to go through it and give it to my daughter. Bryan has been good enough to share the manual, but I don't see a kit in the store. The manual shows an extraction tool, not sure if I can get by without it or not. Otherwise it looks pretty straight forward (although I've never done a piston style before)

Herman
VDH Moderator

Re: Newer Calypso

Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:05 pm

You can use a small drill to push the seat out with. Most of the time you can flip the seats and use the back side.
Herman

EHowe
Master Diver

Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:04 am

Thanks for the reply Herman. The second stage has a specific c-clip tool and an inline adjustment tool. Can I do it without? I assume it will more of a PITA but otherwise another $50. worth of tools.

georgeaustin
Master Diver
First Name: george

Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:05 pm

I've got a somewhat "newer" one as well that was given to me by a former dive shop owner. I suspect it came from his rental or training fleet. I've taken it unopened and connected it to a full tank it and holds 130psi at the IP, doesn't leak and responds well to gentle purging and rebounding - no IP creep after an hour on the tank.

Question: Does your Calypso have the flats on the spring cap or the 2 holes for a pin spanner? I'm just interested to know the model year and what models (by year) have holes and flats.

Can anyone else reading this weigh in? - Thanks

EHowe
Master Diver

Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:31 pm

Mine has spanner holes and was easy enough to loosen with channellocks with rubber protective sleeves on the jaws. Not sure of the year but internally there was a threaded retainer for the volcano orifice that was not shown in the manual I have. Also the filter that came with the kit I purchased had a long narrow conical filter. My reg has a shorter wider conical filter.

Return to “Single Hose Regulators.”