USdiver
Master Diver

Second Stage Port Cap/Plug - US Divers / Aqualung

Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:11 pm

A special shout out to Herman on producing the new port cap for the plastic second stage Conshelf. I own several of these excellent regulators, and more than one had been sidelined due to a broken adjustment port cap plug. I recently ordered a couple of the replacement plugs from VDH's Single Hose Parts Section, and today I tested them out by bringing my Conshelf SE and its Octo back into service, and diving it. Worked like a charm!

These are a good little improvement on what was a great idea but kind of shoddy execution by US Divers. Herman's part is made to finger tighten spec, with a slot to undo an over torqued port cap with a coin, rather than the hex head / allen screw from the manufacturer which kind of invited that they would be installed too tightly and eventually crack (like mine did).

Thanks to VDH for getting one of my favorite old regulators back into useable shape. This was my first new purchase reg (back in the 1980s), and the one I've used for hundreds of harbor dives when I used to clean ship hulls and perform wharf maintenance.
Too DAAM Many double hoses, It's not a hobby, it's an addiction.

Return to “Single Hose Regulators.”