jconley
Skin Diver
First Name: Jeff

Aqua Lung Calypso VI?

Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:41 am

I came across a Calypso regulator for sale. I am told it is a Calypso VI. The second stage is marked Calypso VI. The first stage looks like a Calypso IV. Is there such a regulator as a Calypso VI. If so how do I tell the difference between it and a Calypso IV? If a Calypso VI exists are parts available for it? I would appreciate any help.

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Re: Aqua Lung Calypso VI?

Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:10 am

One of the great features of the VDH Message forum and website store are the search features.....You can use a few key words and get thousands of results.

By using the search terms Calypso or Calypso VI or Calypso IV I was able to return 5 pages of hits. Granted not every one of them is going to be about your exact subject but may contain additional information about them you might not have even thought about. Below are a few highlights of that search.

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8691&hilit=Calypso+Calypso+VI

http://vintagedoublehose.com/store/#!/~ ... =relevance

Next, go to the Manuals and Catalogs link which is at the bottom of every website page. Once you enter that area and hit OK you can type in the specific regulator you are looking for information on. There is a search box at the upper left hand corner with a magnifying glass symbol by it. Searching the term Calypso returned close to 50 available pictures and PDF manuals.
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

jconley
Skin Diver

Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:56 pm

Bryan, thanks for taking the time to let me know about the tools you provide us. I already looked through most of this information before asking the question. The only references I found to the Calypso VI were in information regarding the recall of the Calypso IV and J. Conclusion, the Calypso VI was not part of the recall. Your service kit for the Calypso first stage does not list the Calypso VI. So, I will pass on the regulator. I am not willing to buy it and disassemble it to find out the differences if any. I suspect that USD fixed the problem with the IV and J and released the VI model otherwise unchanged. I think I remember something like that. But, I'm not sure that was almost 40 years ago. Does anybody else remember that?

Bryan
Plank Owner

Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:23 am

Tell you what. If the service kit in the website store does not work for the Calypso VI, I'll buy the regulator from you..

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

jconley
Skin Diver

Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:55 pm

Bryan, that is quite an offer. It tells me how confident you are that the service kit it will work. I will try to get the regulator.
Great customer relations. In this day and age of buying things on the internet, you are as close to the local Mom and Pop shop we get. I have always preferred to buy from a local non chain store if possible. Even willing to pay a little more for their expertise. Even if I don't win the bid on the regulator. You just became my first stop shop. :D
Thanks,
Jeff

rhwestfall
Master Diver
First Name: Robert

Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:40 pm

Good GOD man, don't tell him we will pay more!!!!!!! :lol:
Bob

No Longer Awaiting my Kraken.....

Bryan
Plank Owner

Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:12 pm

rhwestfall wrote:Good GOD man, don't tell him we will pay more!!!!!!! Image
November 26th 2016

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Ron
Site Admin
First Name: Ron

Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:15 am

I've had a Calypso VI. It is literally a Calypso IV with the recall bushing installed, a swivel for low pressure hoses, and a different sticker.

It's USD. It's either a Calypso, an Aquarius, or a Conshelf on the inside. If you get really lucky then it is a 1960-1965 regulator, and some of those were unique. Everything after 1970 is a repackaged version of something that has already been done. Heck, the Titan that AQ sells right now is a conshelf :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The impossible missions are the only ones which succeed. -JYC

Return to “Single Hose Regulators.”