antique diver
Master Diver
First Name: Bill

Mystery Single Hose Regs

Tue May 31, 2016 6:22 pm

Mystery Regs.JPG
Anyone recognize these?
Yeah, they look like Healthways, but no markings. They were in a box of stuff from a dive equipment rep, and haven't been able to reach him to get more info. One satin chrome and one black chrome or something. Appear to be unused, but lightly bruised from travel. Don't know how old they are, but only have one LP outlet and a HP outlet. Maybe a Chinese knockoff from Healthways?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The older I get the better I was.

swimjim
Master Diver
First Name: Jim

Re: Mystery Single Hose Regs

Tue May 31, 2016 6:33 pm

Looks Nemrod to me.

Jim

georgeaustin
Master Diver
First Name: george

Tue May 31, 2016 10:02 pm

interesting - not bad looking regs at all. I had a couple Nemrods that looked at lot like those, especially the exhaust Tees, but the Tee's on mine were chromed.

regulatorbj
Skin Diver
First Name: john

Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:43 pm

Your regs are "Healthways"circa 1976 (see catalogue of that year) you mentioned they were from a "Rep" could be one offs as samples,satin and black chrome
very unique the second stages were not labelled I suspect as they were matched with the first stage in a few disguises ie "Scubair" "B" "Scubair" 11 "J"

Great find Great condition and very collectable,

Ant chance of some images?

John

kgehring
Master Diver

Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:55 pm

John is correct, I would guess that they were plating samples that made it into a reps display samples. They would look good in a museum. Hint hint
http://www.scubamuseum.com
Over 400 vintage regulators in my collection

antique diver
Master Diver
First Name: Bill

Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:20 pm

Jim and George,
I see the Nemrod resemblance in the second stage, and have one which has the second stage like these. I suppose that Nemrod may have had some made by Healthways (or whoever made Healthways) for sale in the US. There would most likely be an import duty savings with that versus bringing in their products made in Spain.

John,
Thanks for the brand and date ID from the HW catalog. I was not familiar with that particular first stage, but the second stage is unmistakable. I'm guessing from the looks that it is a balanced first stage design... maybe even ripped off from the USD Calypso of 1970 and later.

Karl,
I get the hint, and if I ever decide to trim them from my little wanna-be home museum we can talk about that. Feel free to remind me of your interest every now and then so i won' forget. Sometimes I don't remember that I have a compromised memory.

What is still a bit of a puzzle to me is how the rep, who was probably born in early 70's, and certainly never represented HW, ended up with these in his kit. I'll make another effort to reach him and report it here if I learn anything interesting.
The older I get the better I was.

Return to “Single Hose Regulators.”