Bronze06
Master Diver
First Name: Russell

Pilot Finished TA DAH!

Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:15 pm

Just dropped in the "micro o-ring" (AS002) that Antique Diver sent me for the "Button" seal on my Pilot. That was definitely the problem for the HP leak by the way. She breaths like A CHAMP now, and I didn't have to wait 12 years to get one up and running. Thanks to all that gave help and advise. I test dove her in the pool today and will be taking her out to the Red Sea next weekend.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Where'd ya get that ol' thang, don't cha' know them thare things ill kill ya!"

Live From the Red Sea,

Russ

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Re: Pilot Finished TA DAH!

Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:18 pm

That's an early one with no key slot in the purge button.
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

Bronze06
Master Diver
First Name: Russell

Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:38 am

Bryan wrote:That's an early one with no key slot in the purge button.
Is that good? I'm guessing yes with regards to collectability. I had her on 3100 psi for 24hrs on a MKII and no loss of pressure was noted. I understand the key slot was to reduce wear on the diaphragm and in some regs to relieve stress on the 2nd stage soft seat. In the Pilot, I am guessing it was introduced later for diaphragm wear reduction???
"Where'd ya get that ol' thang, don't cha' know them thare things ill kill ya!"

Live From the Red Sea,

Russ

dutchfromtexas
Diver
First Name: John

Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:06 pm

I thought they introduced it with the Air 1 as that had a real seat that would mark if there was spring pressure on it. You may have seen it on a Pilot as a retro fit or just that it was put on after a maintenance done in a messy shop, "wrong part on the reg but it fits so what the heck"

BTW, congrats. She looks beautiful

Return to “Single Hose Regulators.”