pclarke1
Lung Diver
First Name: Paul

Venturi Question

Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:36 am

I recently serviced my Dacor Pacer XLP 2nd stage. (I am now down to my last service kit for this reg). I now find that on inhalation, I can feel the venturi kick in a fraction of a second after I start taking a breath. The regulator works fine apart from that (plenty of air, very low effort), but it is noticeable (and I am being fussy). There is very little to adjust on the Pacer, does anyone have any thoughts.

antique diver
Master Diver
First Name: Bill

Re: Venturi Question

Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:54 am

pclarke1 wrote:I recently serviced my Dacor Pacer XLP 2nd stage. (I am now down to my last service kit for this reg). I now find that on inhalation, I can feel the venturi kick in a fraction of a second after I start taking a breath. The regulator works fine apart from that (plenty of air, very low effort), but it is noticeable (and I am being fussy). There is very little to adjust on the Pacer, does anyone have any thoughts.
If this effect is occurring during a gentle inhalation, it could be a mechanical thing instead of venturi. There may be more than one cause for this, but sometimes it appears to be caused by the angle of the diaphragm plate changing in relation to the lever tips. In other words, the diaphragm plate starts pulling against the lever at one angle, then begins to tilt as the rubber flexes... causing an instant reduction in effort. You could try turning the diaphragm to different positions to see if that helps. Try that first, then also see if just being in the water makes a difference. Try a new diaphragm if yours is not soft or has taken an odd or uneven set. Let us know what you find.
The older I get the better I was.

Return to “Single Hose Regulators.”