lakediver
Lung Diver
First Name: George

Exhaust tees

Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:13 pm

While getting back into the sport recently I have been using modern single hose regulators. When did exhaust tees disappear or become much smaller? Years ago when I used a Calypso III I never had a problem with bubbles interfering with my vision. However, with the newer ones it is somewhat irritating. ( I know, I know, a double hose reg should solve this) Was it to save on weight or bulk?

antique diver
Master Diver
First Name: Bill

Re: Exhaust tees

Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:51 am

lakediver wrote:While getting back into the sport recently I have been using modern single hose regulators. When did exhaust tees disappear or become much smaller? Years ago when I used a Calypso III I never had a problem with bubbles interfering with my vision. However, with the newer ones it is somewhat irritating. ( I know, I know, a double hose reg should solve this) Was it to save on weight or bulk?
Probably neither. A lot of exhaust ports are now just molded into the plastic body, and very abbreviated... almost useless when compared to some of the older more efficient ones. The change was most likely just to save $$ in both the cost of manufacturing a separate piece, and then the labor of attaching it to the second stage body.
The older I get the better I was.

Return to “Single Hose Regulators.”