tech3324
Diver
First Name: Donald

Re: Ultimate Conshelf Model Guide

Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:38 pm

I see an approximately 5mm diameter hole into the filter.
AliceC wrote:Hello,

May I know, if anyone knew the filter for a Conshelf SEA. Does, it really have a hole there? Like what I have on mine?

TeamDoug2015
Vintage Diver
First Name: Doug

Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:10 pm

With the downfall of Photobucket, most of Ron's helpful photos are not longer accessible. As Brian suggested back in 2014, have we started a section of the website devoted to the single hose US Divers regulators with pictures?

For what its worth, I went through the catalogs a while back and made a matrix chart showing when the various first and second stages were listed in each years' catalog. If I can figure out how to upload an excel spreadsheet, I'll post it so others can modify it if they have additional data. Otherwise, I'll turn it into a JPEG and post it for general consumption.

TeamDoug2015
Vintage Diver

Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:15 pm

Here is a JPEG for the Second Stage USD analysis from catalog listings. The numbers before the names are catalog part number listings. I'll post the First Stage analysis after I finish my weekend chores.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

antique diver
Master Diver
First Name: Bill

Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:41 pm

Thanks for doing the homework on that and posting the chart. That will help me date some of my stuff the easy way. :)
The older I get the better I was.

tech3324
Diver

Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:25 pm

TeamDoug2015 wrote:With the downfall of Photobucket, most of Ron's helpful photos are not longer accessible.
The photos are visible with Chrome browser and "Photobucket Hotlink Fix" extension for Chrome.

TeamDoug2015
Vintage Diver

Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:59 pm

tech3324 - Thanks, I quickly found one for Firefox as well! Robohips is right, this is a great forum.

tech3324
Diver

Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:32 am

^^
Glad that worked for you, this thread must have pictures.
Looking forward to your First Stage analysis.

scrane
Skin Diver
First Name: William

Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:15 pm

This is a vintage forum so I guess it's alright to revive a vintage thread.
Does anyone know if the Conshelf 21 or 22 first stage has the removable crown? Does anyone have a Conshelf 22 first stage they would like to sell?
I just bought and rebuilt a Conshelf SEA first and second stage and rebuilt both. In the process I kind of mangled the slotted HP cover (not the port plug, but the plug that keeps all the HP parts in place) and would like to find a nice hex plug to replace it. Anyone?
The SEA second had developed the typical split in the bottom box and the seller included a bottom box repair kit. What pieces of junk the plastic Conshelf seconds are! It looks like it had never been in the water and it still broke.
I do have a XIV first stage that I really like, but the port arrangement seems kind of backwards for modern diving. I was hoping the SEA would correct that, and it does, but the darned thing must weigh at least a pound. I'm hoping the 22 will be more to my liking.

Return to “Single Hose Regulators.”