Finneli
Diver
First Name: Jason

Help identify this regulator?

Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:17 pm

My roommate inherited an octopus from his uncle. The uncle no longer dives and does not remember the gear. With the help of Scubaboards, we have determined the set to be 1970s. The First Stage is a SeaPro, one of the Second Stage regulators is also a SeaPro. However, the other Second Stage regulator has no markings of any kind, no numbers or letters. According to the members on Scubaboards, the regulator is not a Poseidon or a Dacor. It might be French made.

The housing is plastic
I have searched all over the internet and have not found the regulator. I am more interested in finding out what this thing is since there does not seem to be any available information on it.

Herman
VDH Moderator

Re: Help identify this regulator?

Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:59 pm

Welcome to the board.
I posted on SB, the first stage is a Seapro so it may be a version of a Seapro.
Herman

Finneli
Diver
First Name: Jason

Re: Help identify this regulator?

Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:27 pm

Scubaboard made a guess that it is a SeaPro Zephyr 2nd stage regulator. The description here http://www.scubacollector.de/html/seapro.html says that it was a shower head style regulator. Sadly it seems there are no pictures of the model anywhere.

I would like to know why, why does the hose run into the reg right next to the mouth piece? Why no marking, did SeaPro never bother to add any to the regulator or could it be that the regulator may be missing parts.

Return to “Single Hose Regulators.”