Herman
VDH Moderator

Do I have what I think I have??

Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:57 am

I have been collecting tank pressure testers if I find them cheap and recently got a new one. I like to have a matching tester for the regs. The new one is a Healthways but I think I may have stubbled onto a good one. Testing it, I could not for the life of me get the thing to seal and there was no appearant way to vent it if I did. Plus, it seemed overly complicated for a simple tank checker, 2 orings and multiple parts. So looking over the Healthways catalogs I think what I have is the pressure tester AND the yoke adapter for the Airflo regulator. The catalog indicates that it is self bleading which is the reason I can't stop it from "leaking".

Now if I can find a reg at a reasonable price. :)
Herman

luis
VDH Moderator
First Name: Luis

Re: Do I have what I think I have??

Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:54 am

I have one of those.

Mine has the same notch/ groove on the sealing surface. You can see it on your third picture, on the ring surface.

When it is tight, it holds pressure just long enough to check the gauge.

It does use the same interface as the Airflow. I don’t have a regulator, but I do have a Healthways valve. I just checked it and the gauge screws into the valve and it would work the same as with the yoke adapter.
Luis

Buceador con escafandra autónoma clásica.

Herman
VDH Moderator

Re: Do I have what I think I have??

Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:57 am

I saw the notch and came to the conclusion it was a bleed port.
One of us needs to find a reg.
Looking at the catalog,it appears to be a modified flow by piston design. I may take a shot at it as a project, there may be enough space in some flow by pistons I have that I can expand the holes enough for adaquate flow. I have a few that came in some unknown parts that I can tinker with so no loss if I distroy them....maybe a project for next winter.
Herman

Return to “Single Hose Regulators.”