erikfri
First Name: erik

conshelf yoke problem with steel tanks

Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:58 am

i love diving my conshelf xiv.smooth and easy and more trusty then anything alse i ever tried.i overhaul first stage every 5 years second stage didnt get any overhaul (with planty of diving) for 20 years and works as new.
over the years i owned cressi-sub 15 and 18 liter clynders with too big valves that the conshelf yoke had to be slightly sanded from the inside (of the yoke)to enlarge it and clamp on.

last month i went on vecation to the red sea and rented scubapro steel cylinders. this rude manufactorer desigens valves that even my slighly enlarged yoke doesnt clamp on!!! not even near. the valves are just too big for the thick and heallthy conshelf yoke!
why a compny designs valves larger then some(popular)regulator yokes?
is there any bigger yoke i can switch on my conshelf?

since i enjoyed

luis
VDH Moderator
First Name: Luis

Re: conshelf yoke problem with steel tanks

Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:48 pm

Can you post some pictures of the yoke?
Also, can you post pictures of the valves or links to a web site showing them?

I can’t envision a valve that large… unless you are trying to convert a DIN 300 bar valve. The DIN 300 bar valves were specifically designed so they could not be converted to a yoke application.

In any case pictures would help identify the issue.

The Conshelf is a great regulator and I have never seen it having problems with any Scuba valve here in the US, but I am aware that there are some unique valves in other countries.
Luis

Buceador con escafandra autónoma clásica.

kgehring
Master Diver

Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:52 pm

Some of the Pro Din convertible valve are too vide for some of the old yokes.
http://www.scubamuseum.com
Over 400 vintage regulators in my collection

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:11 pm

I have a Blue Steel DIN convertible valve that is too large for Conshelf and Scubapro 3000psi yokes.
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

erikfri

Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:02 am

by luis » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:48 pm

Can you post some pictures of the yoke?
Also, can you post pictures of the valves or links to a web site showing them?

I can’t envision a valve that large… unless you are trying to convert a DIN 300 bar valve. The DIN 300 bar valves were specifically designed so they could not be converted to a yoke application.

In any case pictures would help identify the issue.

The Conshelf is a great regulator and I have never seen it having problems with any Scuba valve here in the US, but I am aware that there are some unique valves in other countries.
____________________________________________________________________-

it is an ordinary standard conshelf yoke,nothind special! the scubapro valve is too wide to get in the A shape clamp. on the other hand mares din to yoke interchangable valves easly fit the conshelf so the interchanging ability is not the issue,scubapro is the problem

erikfri

Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:17 am

[quote="Bryan"]I have a Blue Steel DIN convertible valve that is too large for Conshelf and Scubapro 3000psi yokes.[/quote

also a 4000psi conshelf(the one on my pony) wont get on the scubapro tank valve. is there an alternative a clamp that can be exchanged?

Return to “Single Hose Regulators.”