Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Conshelf Environmental Service

Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:26 pm

Someone from Luis's neighborhood called me today looking for service kits for Conshelf Supreme 1st stages. After the call I realized it will be cooling off up that way before too long and there may be a need for these......Anyhow I will have the secondary diaphragm and 2ounce Aqua Lung silicone fluid available as an option when buying a Conshelf first stage service kit. The silicone fluid is priced like gold so don't be too shocked.
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

Bryan
Plank Owner

Re: Conshelf Environmental Service

Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:26 pm

Update.....I purchased the silicone fluid from AquaLung in bulk so I'll be able to break it out into 1 ounce bottles. This should make it a little easier on the wallet...Takes right at a tablespoon for a Conshelf if I remember correctly so that should leave you enough to do a couple of first stages.
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

crimediver
Master Diver

Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:58 pm

That is good news. I have converted several of my Conshelf 14s with the cold water kit. Getting the silicone was always an issue. I can now dedicate my rum to more pleasant uses.

Bryan
Plank Owner

Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:56 pm

I contacted US Plastics to get 1 ounce bottles that were similar to the AquaLung versions and made to hold stuff like this. Mark sent me a link from scuba board where the conversation on this same subject has gone completely asinine of course. Rum will still be way cheaper by far. I'm pretty sure this is the stuff they fill implants with :lol:

scubapeter
Lung Diver
First Name: peter

Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:59 pm

Bryan,

If you have trouble with 1 oz. containers, this is a link to a company local to me. They have just about any size...

http://www.kaplancontainer.com/

luis
VDH Moderator
First Name: Luis

Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:28 pm

Bryan wrote:Someone from Luis's neighborhood called me today looking for service kits for Conshelf Supreme 1st stages. After the call I realized it will be cooling off up that way before too long and there may be a need for these......Anyhow I will have the secondary diaphragm and 2ounce Aqua Lung silicone fluid available as an option when buying a Conshelf first stage service kit. The silicone fluid is priced like gold so don't be too shocked.
If this is who I think it is, he lives about 5 hours north of here. From his point of view, we all dive in the south.

His water temperatures never get as high as down here.

The water temperature in southern Maine is now in the mid 60’s. Very comfortable in a 7+7 mm wet suit and at the moment there is no need for cold water regulator.
Luis

Buceador con escafandra autónoma clásica.

Bryan
Plank Owner

Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:36 am

scubapeter wrote:Bryan,

If you have trouble with 1 oz. containers, this is a link to a company local to me. They have just about any size...

http://www.kaplancontainer.com/
Thank you....US Plastics had what I needed but it's always good to have a backup source.

Bryan
Plank Owner

Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:42 am

luis wrote:
Bryan wrote:Someone from Luis's neighborhood called me today looking for service kits for Conshelf Supreme 1st stages. After the call I realized it will be cooling off up that way before too long and there may be a need for these......Anyhow I will have the secondary diaphragm and 2ounce Aqua Lung silicone fluid available as an option when buying a Conshelf first stage service kit. The silicone fluid is priced like gold so don't be too shocked.
If this is who I think it is, he lives about 5 hours north of here. From his point of view, we all dive in the south.

His water temperatures never get as high as down here.

The water temperature in southern Maine is now in the mid 60’s. Very comfortable in a 7+7 mm wet suit and at the moment there is no need for cold water regulator.
I'm not sure....He's from Van Buren if that narrows it down for you.... 7mm to me says COLD....

AquaLung lists the fluid as Military Only. But the only restriction on it is that it cannot be shipped outside of the US without prior approval..

luis
VDH Moderator
First Name: Luis

Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:43 pm

Yeah… well… Van Buren is still in the US, but only by a few feet.

It is 320 North of where I live. He lives further north than most Canadians.

47.157296,-67.935303
Luis

Buceador con escafandra autónoma clásica.

Gilldiver
Master Diver

Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:58 pm

I thought anything North of Holton was Canadian, but at least he can get to Rimouski in only a "few" hours and dive the Empress.
Double Hose Regulators, It not just a Hobby, it’s a Disease

EHowe
Master Diver
First Name: Edward

Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:10 am

I remember having a discussion on this board last year about this subject, that mostly centered around alternitives to the aqua lung fluid. I think I remember everything from DOT V brake fluid to vodka. I ended up using RV antifreeze, but would have preferred correct stuff if it was available at the time. I wonder how thouroghly I would have to clean the RV stuff out to make the change.

Bryan
Plank Owner

Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:38 am

Take the cap off, rinse out the first stage with fresh water, put in the silicone and you are good to go. Ignore the folks that want to make it rocket science....They just like to hear themselves talk :roll:

Last year I purchased a box of regulators from up in Washington state. Looked like they had set in the bilge area of a boat for 20 years. There were several Supreme 1st stages in the bunch and the fluid in them still looked like new.

Return to “Single Hose Regulators.”