saltigagt
Diver
First Name: Jonathan

Service Kits for Dacor Pacer

Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:24 pm

Hi,

Made an impulse buy on eBay for some Dacor Pacers. Two sets of 1st and 2nd stages actually. Should have done some more research before bidding :oops:

Anyway, the seller claims one first stage has 600 and another has 900 on them. Both 2nd stages have Pacer on them. Since I see conshelfs service kits available on this site, do you think anyone can help me source for service kits for the Dacor regs i just bought? Thank you

Jonathan

Herman
VDH Moderator

Re: Service Kits for Dacor Pacer

Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:48 pm

Dacors are somewhat of a mess to service. They were bad for having totally different internal parts within the same model so getting the correct parts can be challenging. I serviced a 900 a while back. You can get the seats from a Trident dealer (VDH is one but I suspect it would be a special order), the orings are all pretty much common so getting them is not a big deal. The 600 appears to have a special HP seat that may be hard to source..never had on in my hands but I do have a manual for it.

The seconds are a sightly different matter, odds are they have common internal parts so servicing them with various parts from VDH would be fairly easy.
Herman

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:23 pm

Last year at portage I purchased a ton of Dacor service parts. NO real service kits to speak of but lots of parts. As Herman said, most O-rings are going to be standard. Let me know exactly what you are looking for and I'll see if I can find it. The manuals and parts schematics are in the download section
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

saltigagt
Diver

Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:00 am

Thank you very much for the replies and help! Am now waiting for the regulators to arrived. Just realized i bought 2 sets of dacor, 2 sets of scubapro MK5/7 + 109s, and Conshelf XIV! Ebay is evil! :shock:

saltigagt
Diver

Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:09 pm

Thank you very much for your valuable input. I have found northeast scuba supplies who have the HP seats replacements available for 'most' Dacor regs. And I found in another forum someone mentioning that another manufacturer are apparently producing the HP and LP seats for old Dacors. So i guess there is hope yet!

Will be doing more reading and research for these vintage single hose regs. Thank you very much guys!

saltigagt
Diver

Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:28 pm

Thanks so much for the info! will probably need your help/advise once I receive the regs! :D

Return to “Single Hose Regulators.”