oldguy
First Name: Steve

Voit Swimaster

Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:49 pm

I have a Voit Swimaster "Little Gem II" single hose, serial #01275. Any info about it - value, age, etc. would be appreciated. Thanks. Safe diving.

simonbeans
VDH Moderator
First Name: Allan

Re: Voit Swimaster

Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:15 pm

Hey Oldguy
Many of us who are regulars on this forum welcome new people. And then there are some of us who are probably older than you. I am one of those older guys. Being one of those guys, I have assisted this forum in many ways including providing a source of reference material. If you look at the top of this page, you will see a link to Manuals & Catalogs which includes a few essays I did on the history of regulators. Unfortunately I have little interest in Voit, however, if I did, there would be the first place I would look for the answers to your questions. Therefore, seeing as how you are a self-professed oldguy, you might have some spare time to look up the answers.

As to the current value, to some, like me, $0.00. To another Voit fan, maybe hundreds. If you want us to appraise your reg for you, try eBay or some professional appraiser. I can give you sources if you like.
Check out my website: www.vintagescubastuff.com

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:22 pm

Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

oldguy
First Name: Steve

Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:31 am

Thank you for your assistance. This is an excellent website and obviously has required a lot of effort and dedication. I actually remember some of the photos in the Voit and USD catalogs. I located the Voit Little Gem reg, looks like around 1969. Yes, I am an old or "older" diver. As a child, started out with a Voit 50 fathom 2-hose, blue with grey hoses and a Voit 50 tank. Went to USD Royal Aquamaster as a teenager. Switched to single hose with a Calypso, then Scubapro Mk V, then Dacor, then Voit MR 12, and then through a series of Scubapros up to the present. Again, this is a great website.

Return to “Single Hose Regulators.”