EHowe
Master Diver
First Name: Edward

Conshelf Supreme

Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:07 pm

My latest EBay find is a new in box Conshelf Supreme. Circa 1980? Came in original box with documents.

Seller claims he bought it new and never was used. Will be using second stage for an octo after I order a longer hose from Bryan. Before I use it, is there anything that should be done to it, assuming it has never been used and has been in storage for 30 years?

Drado
Master Diver
First Name: Eduardo

Re: Conshelf Supreme

Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:46 pm

Well, the seller may have said it was NIB, and it does look nice and new, but since the 2nd stage is very easy to tear down, I guess I'd just do that and a a quick cleaning. Check the integrity of the diaphragm, exhaust valve and mouthpiece. Reassemble then test. I just really prefer going through something myself to make sure all the bits and pieces are working fine.

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:19 pm

If you look up 10' tall and bullet proof in the single hose dictionary there is a picture of a Conshelf. The fact that it is a Supreme means the 1st stage is sealed and ready to dive under the ice,polluted water or any other inhospitable environment you can dive it in.

Personally I would learn the workings of the 1st stage when you service it (same as a Royal Aqua-Master) keep the 1st and 2nd stages together for a uber reliable backup regulator.

USD 2nd stages are all pretty much the same....Pick just a 2nd stage up cheap. service it and you will have a great 2nd stage if you need one to attach to a Phoenix.

If you decide to go this route please E-mail me as I'm sure I have a 2nd stage that would work for you at a reasonable price.
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

JES
Plank Owner
First Name: Joseph

Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:55 pm

Bryan wrote:If you look up 10' tall and bullet proof in the single hose dictionary there is a picture of a Conshelf. ...
There are actually two pictures, one of the Conshelf and one of Bryan diving on the Titanic with just his Spare Air. 8)
NAVED Master Diver #108
'Anima Sana In Corpore Sano’

Return to “Single Hose Regulators.”