Jimmer

Conshelf vs Conshelf Supreme

Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:13 pm

Hi, is the environmental seal on the first stage the only difference between a Conshelf and a Supreme? Also, can the enviro kit be added to any Conshelf, or just a XIV?

Thanks,
Jim

rdsmith66
Diver
First Name: Ralph

Re: Conshelf vs Conshelf Supreme

Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:13 pm

I own both, and that's the only difference that I know of.

Ralph

Herman
VDH Moderator

Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:17 pm

I have an old Conshelf that use to have the envoirmental kit in it. The diaphram is gone but there other the metal part are there. I you would like to build one,I'll be happy to trade ends with you ....or sell you the whole thing. Looking at the 2001 parts catalog, it appears that you will need to replace the entire end if you want to use the newer dry seal. It's part number is 1005-25.

EDIT: what I have it the old version that used silicone fluid, not the newer version.
Herman

Jimmer

Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:39 pm

I actually wasn't aware that there was a dry seal for the Supreme, I only knew of the Silicone filled one.

Currently I have a Conshelf Supreme second stage, but would like to get a DIN first stage to setup a deco bottle.

If anyone has a complete first stage they want to get rid of, let me know!

bbain
Vintage Diver

Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:01 pm

PM sent

bbain
Vintage Diver

Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:05 pm

I have a Conshelf XI and it looks like it might fit -- the first stages are so similar. Still, Conshelf XIVs are plentiful and usually are cheap so why risk it?

Return to “Single Hose Regulators.”