DoubleDiver

Rebuilt Aquamatic

Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:54 pm

I have been meaning to post this here for over a month so here it is.
Well I took my rebuilt 1957 patent pending Aquamatic to the pool about an hour ago, and it works! As a mater of fact it works really well, I can probably tweak it some but it's not bad in any position. The new 21st century parts made a huge difference in it's breath-ability. It now has a new silicon compound diaphragm and exhaust valve. A new silicon LP seat and a slightly used 1st stage diaphragm from a Titan. My only concern is the way they join the exhaust cover to the main body. If the rubber ring ever goes it won't be pretty. But on a 35-50' reef it might be fun.

I also wanted to say that I used one of Herman's assembly tools to put in the screen and clip. What a breeze, the tool works great!

eskimo3883
Master Diver

Re: Rebuilt Aquamatic

Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:41 pm

I might have missed reading some posts. Have you already written about your new silicon compound diaphragm? Is it a home made item?
“A skin diver is a fellow who pulls on a pair of fancy swimming trunks, some rubber fins, a diving mask and canvas gloves, then fills his lungs with air and noses down into the ocean looking for two fisted trouble.”

Return to “Single Hose Regulators.”