wrcook
Skin Diver
First Name: Bill

NAVCON number

Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:40 pm

I have a Navcon from about 1970. A great regulator, but it is basically a Conshelf. On the yoke of this regulator are the numbers 00001. Is this a serial number or ?????. Bryan, I know that you have a NAvcon, does it have numbers on the yoke?

Bill
Bill & Kathy

DA-Navy ---- RENE 72 (1956)
Mistral ---- 38 (1955)
DA Aquamaster
Nav-Con

Ron
Site Admin
First Name: Ron

Re: NAVCON number

Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:23 pm

If it has a "non-heavy" style yoke, then the serial numbers are on the yoke. If it has a "heavy" yoke, then the numbers should be on the body of the regulator. The conshelf VI and XI had the non heavy yokes, and I believe the NAVCON is based upon the conshelf VI. I believe the serial numbers were etched in the yoke as the body features machining that precludes putting them on the actual man body itself. For accuracy's sake, I have had 3 conshelf VI's and they all had serial numbers on the yoke. I hope this helps.
The impossible missions are the only ones which succeed. -JYC

wrcook
Skin Diver
First Name: Bill

Re: NAVCON number

Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:06 am

Slonda
Thanks for the information. Yes the NAVBCON is virtually identical to the Conshelf VI, it is still a great regulator. I think that it indeed is a serial number, same as on the Conshelf. I have now seen two other Navcons, and both had the numbers on the yoke, and both were under 00100. I have looked through the USD catalogs the Bryan has shared with all (Thanks Bryan), and do not find the Navcon at all, but there is one lacking in the series. I suspect that these were only made for a brief period of time. I bought it from the "faculty adviser" to my college dive club. I used his regulators and tanks for my open water test. I think that he may have gotten it directly from the USD rep.
Bill & Kathy

DA-Navy ---- RENE 72 (1956)
Mistral ---- 38 (1955)
DA Aquamaster
Nav-Con

Return to “Single Hose Regulators.”