Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Re: Conshelf XIV

Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:32 am

Inventory from USD has in some way shape form or fashion messed up EVERY run of the Phoenix. I was already way ahead of the game in cutting them out of the yoke business. I have yoke drawings and several others for the internal parts done and am working on production cost/availabilty etc...No plans on making seats because that is the one item they always seem to have in stock....
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

capn_tucker
Master Diver

Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:22 pm

Bryan wrote:Inventory from USD has in some way shape form or fashion messed up EVERY run of the Phoenix. I was already way ahead of the game in cutting them out of the yoke business. I have yoke drawings and several others for the internal parts done and am working on production cost/availabilty etc...No plans on making seats because that is the one item they always seem to have in stock....
Good on 'ya; cut those clowns right out of business. It would be good to depend on AL for as little as possible..
Quick Robin, to the Voitmobile!

usddude
Master Diver

Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:43 pm

I have several Conshelfs 14's that I will keep forever. First reg I ever got was a Conshelf 12. I bought a Mares metal jobbie a couple of years ago and dove it a couple of times and I did not like the way it breathed nor did I like exhaust bubbles in my ears...I sold it because it was annoying to me. Probably 35 years of diving Conshelfs had something to do with it. Conshelfs are the next best thing to a double hose...JMO 8)

Good thing Ron produces rebuild kits. Maybe he will be able to expand a bit.
U.S. Divers discontinued the Royal Aqua-Master 35 years ago...hahaha..no worries. :D

usd

kumonomi

Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:15 pm

No Worries! the XIV is still in the USD Military catalog ( I supply the USN here on Guam ). But you don't want to pay the price for a new one :-o, Parts will be available for years.

The shop I work with has tons of parts, not to mention access to the military only products. Most of it is in the Dealer catalog but there are some cool items only found in this list, including J-valve rods. gotta love that!

Cheers

Chris

hallen41
Skin Diver

Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:28 pm

When I have to dive a single hose reg Conshelf XIV still my choice.
AL has gone modern day stupid. They keep trying to re-invent the wheel.
I don't like plastic Regulators (or gun)s.

Return to “Single Hose Regulators.”