diver1969
First Name: dennis

us divers calypso

Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:27 pm

just purchased new in box us divers calypso 4 made 1976 cannot remove reg hose from 1st stage just spins any ideas ?

antique diver
Master Diver
First Name: Bill

Re: us divers calypso

Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:54 pm

diver1969 wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:27 pm
just purchased new in box us divers calypso 4 made 1976 cannot remove reg hose from 1st stage just spins any ideas ?
It may be best to post a photo of the reg, but if not able:

If it is the type that has the rotating ports this may work. Remove one or more of the port plugs. Looking into the port turn it until the opening lines up with one of the fixed orifices down in the port. Place a pin punch or drill bit stem that is closest in size into the orifice, and use that for leverage as you try to unscrew the hose. That should work. If this doesn't apply to what you have please post a photo or send me a photo by using my email icon.

Good luck
The older I get the better I was.

antique diver
Master Diver
First Name: Bill

Re: us divers calypso

Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:06 pm

You should know that there was a recall on those that added a brass retainer over the HP seat to keep seat from moving out of position. That could restrict or block airflow. Yours may already have it, but I can send more information if you need it, and have the single part available if you need it.

Just an aside... that regulator listed for $153.50 in 1976 price list. That's about $700 in today's prices. Still a good regulator, and just about anything you need for rebuilding and maintenance is available.
The older I get the better I was.

Return to “Single Hose Regulators.”