antique diver
Master Diver
First Name: Bill

Re: Calypso IV Freeflow

Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:59 pm

I was just thinking that I had never seen that happen, but remembered I had a similar unsolved issue with flow on an older model MR12. I didn't think to look at the stem to see if it was hitting the lever, and just put the offending second stage in a "someday" box. I'll dig it out and take a new look.
Thanks for the information.
The older I get the better I was.

Herman
VDH Moderator

Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:42 am

Does that lever look excessively bent to anyone else? I may be wrong but if it is, that would reduce the clearance and cause the issues Mark is having.
Herman

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:49 am

Herman wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:42 am
Does that lever look excessively bent to anyone else? I may be wrong but if it is, that would reduce the clearance and cause the issues Mark is having.
That photo depicts the lever in the stuck-down position. When in normal position it is the same as every other 1085 lever I have.
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

antique diver
Master Diver

Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:01 pm

I also thought the lever shape looked strange, but it may be the angle of view confusing me. Here's a couple of new levers for comparison.
IMG_0622.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:30 pm

Herman and Bill,

You two now have me questioning my own sanity (which actually isn't all that hard). I opened up my reg and took a few shots of the lever. Looks fine to me but that isn't saying much. :)

Image Image Image

"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

antique diver
Master Diver

Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:26 pm

It looks normal to me in all those views. I guess the earlier photo just looked strange with it depressed all the way.

Herman
VDH Moderator

Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:37 pm

I agree, must have been the angle
Herman

Return to “Single Hose Regulators.”