USdiver
Master Diver

ScubaPro Pilot

Thu May 10, 2018 6:05 pm

I was out diving this past weekend with one of the most iconic 1970s setups ever: ScubaPro Mk VII, Pilot and R109. The water was 44 F, and the Pilot breaths like nothing else, easy, just so easy.

Such a shame that the best breathing SH was/is such a mechanical trophy wife: high maintenance goes with high performance.

Here are some pics of the regulator. Later this spring, Greg Barlow and I will be diving SP pilots together, others are welcome to bring their pilots and join us.

Too DAAM Many double hoses, It's not a hobby, it's an addiction.

rhwestfall
Master Diver
First Name: Robert

Re: ScubaPro Pilot

Thu May 10, 2018 6:08 pm

mine is a converted, and also a breathing gem.....

Such a shame they are out of production and parts support. I really like the Air1 & D-Series......
Bob

No Longer Awaiting my Kraken.....

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Thu May 10, 2018 7:31 pm

I took the Pilot service course at the factory and if I knew then what I know now I would have swiped the trays full of parts that were piled up at all our workstations.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

ovalis
Master Diver

Fri May 11, 2018 12:08 pm

Fortunately I did swipe those parts! It's been about 20 years since I worked on a pilot, so my memory is a little rusty, but I don't think there's any unique parts that are needed to service one, just o-rings. If I remember correctly the LP seat is an o-ring seal. The only unique part that I can recall is the set screw with the nylon piece on the side to prevent it from turning that secures the demand lever.

SeaHuntJerry
Master Diver

Sat May 12, 2018 9:16 pm

The guys who service them Hate the small o ring in them.
Greg Barlowe knows all about them,I did take a course from Scubapro in the 70"s Also,and own 2 Pilots.

Return to “Single Hose Regulators.”