Forum rules
Regulator specific information can also be found on the main page of the website in the Regulator Id Guide.
Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Royal Aqua-Master 1st stage troubleshooting

Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:23 pm

I’d like to give 100% of the credit for this info to Tom Madere. His skill and patience always amaze me.

I had a Royal Aqua-Master nozzle that would not hold a consistent IP pressure. I polished the volcano orifice and had tried using two different brand new Conshelf XIV Teflon high pressure seats but still the IP pressure keep creeping up higher and higher.
So I sent the nozzle down to Tom and he discovered scratches in the spring block (USD part #1053-24) made by a pick or other sharp object possibly when removing the 0-ring or nylon backup washer…..I will not discount the fact that I could have done this myself :cry: Either way the scratches were deep enough to allow air to pass by and the 1st stage remained in an unbalanced state. He installed another spring block I had that was scratch free and the unit works great. Hope you don’t run across this problem with your RAM but thanks to Tom we have some info that might cut down on troubleshooting time.

Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

Return to “Technical Information / Diver Training Information”